Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bill Gates is a Smart Dude, BUT...

I ran across this quote from one of the richest men in the world.


"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning." - Bill Gates

Below is my response to his quote...


Mr. Gates,

First of all, I love your products, and I am extremely impressed with the stories that I've heard of your philanthropic and generous endeavors. I agree with you in one sense. Time resources given to "religion" are not efficient. "Religion" the way many people in our world practice is useless. In other words, I think "religion" is a really lame hobby as well.

However, I would plead with you, Mr. Gates, to consider that a relationship with the God of this universe is completely different than "religion." I have become convinced with every fiber of who I am that humanity (even the best of humanity) is in need of "saving," and that God made a way to be reconciled to him through his son Jesus Christ. There is a huge differnce between "religion" and a "relationship" with your Creator.

Grace and peace,

Robert


FYI...I didn't really send this, and if I did, I would definitely expound more. Regardless, if church is your "hobby," it's a really lame hobby. If Christ is your passion...that's a whole different thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment