Monday, November 1, 2010

Forty-seven

I still can't get over it....all of 24 hours later, I can't shake the images out of my head.

Yesterday, at Firewheel Church, 47 people went through the baptismal waters. That's 47 people who stood up and said, "I'm a believer and follower of Jesus...that's who I am." Some of them were people who had been believers for quite a while, and were never baptized for some reason. Others were people who had trusted Christ in the last few weeks of our "Gospel" message series. Either way, it's still 47.

I don't think the people who were there will ever forget that day. I don't know that I will ever forget those moments. One of the reasons I love our church is that, so many people stayed almost an hour after service to celebrate with these new believers. Side note (in case you were wondering): apparently, an hour is about how long it takes to baptize 47 people.

What a day! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment