Monday, August 22, 2011

New School Year

This day is always a "guilty-pleasure-type-of-day" for me. For months, I've had to live through the constant facebook statuses and other reminders that there is a whole group/population of people who are out of school/work for three months. I'll be honest, for three whole months, I'm kind of jealous of their statuses about "going to the pool" or "got to sleep in today." You get the point. While the rest of the working world continues to plod along, they seem to be in the blissful "summer" state.

Well, today, all of that changed. That's right...It's back to school day! There's almost a sense in which I'm kind of secretly thankful that they won't be able to rub their "summer fun" in my face anymore.

I know what you're thinking...that's a little petty, Robert. I'm not denying it...welcome to my wicked, sinful heart. :)

Confession time...ever been jealous of students or teachers during the summer? Ever secretly been happy that they have to go back to school? Or is this just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment