Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Something to believe in...

I was recently driving through Dallas, and saw a billboard for a church. I won't mention the church's name...that's just not how I roll, but I couldn't believe what I was reading. A rather well known church in our area had a billboard along a major highway and it had a picture of a family and it said... "A church you can believe in."

Now, you might think anything of that, but my eye catches those subtle things. I don't want to be critical, but if this particular church is asking people to believe in them...they're promoting the WRONG thing.

I don't want a church I can believe in...I want a God/Savior I can believe in. You can believe in the church all you want and you can spend an eternity without God in hell. Now, I get what they're trying to say. They're trying to say, "we think our church/body of believers is great, and you should come join us," but they may have inadvertently communicated it the wrong way.

That's just a free rant for you today! In all seriousness, don't believe in Firewheel Church...believe in the Savior we gather to worship and lift up.

No comments:

Post a Comment