Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's That Time of Year

You may already be thinking of them.

Perhaps you knew what they would be three months ago, but you were giving yourself a "grace" period until January 1st.

Maybe you have the same ones ever year.


You know what I'm talking about...resolutions! We all make them, and we all break them. One of my favorite "old guys" to read is Jonathan Edwards. Many years ago, he wrote his own set of "Resolutions." Every time I read them, I think about how silly it is for me to think I'm really doing something important when I give my best effort to lose 10 pounds. Guys like Edwards had such perspective when it came to God and the world they lived in.

I highly recommend reading these "resolutions" and then let them "read you."

Jonathan Edwards' Resolutions (1722-1723)

No comments:

Post a Comment