Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolved...

I ran across something the other day and I'm going to share it in it's entirety with you tomorrow. In the mean time, here's a little bit of a teaser. Below are some quotes...can you guess who they came from. I will give you the answer tomorrow.
Resolved, never to do anything, which I would be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.

Resolved, whenever I do any conspicuously evil action, to trace it back, till I come to the original cause; and then both carefully endeavor to do so no more, and to fight and pray with all my might against the original of it.

Resolved, after afflictions, to inquire, what I am the better for them, what good I have got by them, and what I might have got by them.

I'd venture to say there aren't too many people who think this deeply and this seriously about themselves. Self-examination is often a painful, yet fruitful exercise. Find out who said this and what it might have to do with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment