Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm BORED!!!

It's getting toward the end of the summer, and I'm almost positive that at some point in the last few weeks/months, you've heard this from one of your children.
"I'm bored! There's nothing to do!"

Now, when my dad heard me say that when I was a kid, it was like Christmas to him. He would then run down a list of all the things I "could" be doing. That was usually enough for me to shut my trap about being bored and find something else to do that wasn't on his list.

However, if you don't want to go down that road, I recently ran across a list of "things to do when there's nothing to do." When those times come and your child can't find anything to do, here's a few ideas of fun, and yet simple, things to fill the time. For instance...
  • Play rock, paper scissor
  • Arm or thumb wrestle
  • Try to retell your favorite storybook
  • Speak pig latin
  • Conduct an inteview of your child and pretend you're on TV
For the full list, follow this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment