Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Money doesn't grow on trees..."

As much as you said you would never say some of the things your parents said, I'm almost postive that 90% of you have used this line before if you've got kids that are at least 7-8 years old.

When my dad said this, it was because he was trying to teach me valuable lessons on the value of money. I learned some of them. Because we didn't have a lot when I was a kid, I understand the value of a dollar and a hard days work. Those are lessons I value deeply.

Although it's true that money doesn't grow on trees, there might be other ways we can teach kids how to value, use, and steward God's resources in the best way. If you'd like, you can continue to use that old line, but after about the fourth time you've said it...it has probably lost it's impact.

A recent article by Randy Alcorn does just that. He outlines 10 different ways that parents can begin to train their children how to manage money well.

Training Children to Manage Money

Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment