Monday, May 9, 2011

How to Forgive...

All month long, in the elementary area, we are focusing our attention on this idea of "forgiveness." The kids are learning about some fantastic, and yet simple, ideas about what forgiveness really means and why we should be "forgivers."

One of the things the Bible teaches about forgiveness is that our forgiveness of others has much to do with how much we realize we've been forgiven by God through Christ. Forgiveness isn't something that comes natural though. In fact, it's something you really have to work at. The Lord has taught me a number of hard lessons about forgiveness...I'm thankful for them each day of my life.

One author I enjoy reading pointed out the things that helped him learn how to forgive (below).
  • "Sort out how you feel
  • Own your part
  • Make a choice
  • Don't just wait for the offender to say I'm sorry
  • Don't let it go until you can wish them well"
For further description of these things and further reading - How to Forgive

*On a side note, I can't recommend any higher www.orangeparents.org as a resource for you as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment