Friday, July 8, 2011

ANGER

I get the privilege/honor/responsibility of bringing the message to the church body this coming Sunday (July 10).

We will be continuing the "Wisdom from the Road" series from the book of Proverbs. In God's providence, I was assigned the topic of "anger" almost 2 months ago. If you know me at all, you'll know that this one hits a little close to home. I am well-acquainted with my shortcomings in this particular area of my life.

Because of that, and because I've pleaded with the Lord to give me insight, I believe that this will be a message on anger unlike many you've ever heard before. I'm really excited about what the Lord has placed on my heart, and I really hope you'll plan to be there.


Here's the description from the bulletin...

"One of the consistent themes (well over 20 verses) throughout the book of Proverbs is about not being and/or associating with "angry" or "hot-tempered" people. But isn't that ALL of us? Aren't all of us, and some more than others, prone to anger? Simply telling ourselves or others to "stop being angry" doesn't really work...there's something deeper going on in our hearts. What's really at the core of our anger, and why does it matter so much?"


Hope to see you on Sunday! I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment