Friday, October 23, 2009

Headed to Colombia...

Tomorrow, I will leave for 7 days and travel to the Baranquilla, Colombia. I'm a part of our church's mission team down there. Although a bit nervous, I'm looking forward to having my "American" lifestyle challenged. I know the kinds of things I will probably see, and I'm positive that my life will be altered in some way.

Here's the deal. I didn't grow up with a lot of money...at all. We always had food, but there were some months where my family barely scraped by...and I mean barely. But what I do know is that I was LUCKY to grow up with a lower-middle-class lifestyle. One parting thought for you to consider...

Do your children really understand how fortunate they are? They are all so blessed to live in the US and most have more than they will ever need. What can you do to help them gain a proper global perspective...that they have far more than 95% of the children who live on this earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment