Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Magnificent"

Let me explain a little of what happened last night. For well over 6 months, I had been waiting (with tickets in hand) to go see my favorite band in the world blow the roof off the new Cowboys Stadium. I must report...they did not disappoint.


One of the moments that stuck out to me (and there were TONS by the way), was Bono singing one of their new songs entitled "Magnificent."


A portion of the lyrics to "Magnificent"...

I was born
I was born to sing for you

I didn't have a choice but to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice
From the womb my first cry, it was a joyful noise ...


Only love, only love can leave such a mark

But only love, only love can heal such a scar



Justified till we die, you and I will magnify

The Magnificent

Magnificent



I don't know about you...but when I hear lyrics like that, I'm reminded that I have a greater purpose here on this earth. I was born and I live only to MAGNIFY the God of the universe who gave me a voice. Thanks for the reminder, Bono. May it be a reminder to you to always look for opportunities to magnify the KING, especially in the presence of your family and your children. They need to see you making much of the Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment