Friday, June 17, 2011

A Little More Friday Media...

As you can imagine, I read a lot of stuff about kids/parenting/etc. It's just part of my job...one of those parts that I really enjoy.

There are few people who are writing/speaking in Christian circles that I trust more than Paul Tripp. His approach to parenting, marriage, kids, and family is refreshing. What I particularly appreciate is how he refuses to let parents accept "correct external behavior" as the end goal of parenting. There is so much more to parenting and family issues...Paul continually takes people to the real "HEART" of the issues they're facing.

He recently participated in a video discussion (video below) about his newest resource, "Getting to the Heart of Parenting." I couldn't recommend his work more highly.





If you can't see the embedded video for some reason, you can follow this LINK to find the video.

His "apple nailing" analogy (approx. 32:00) in the middle of the video is something EVERY parent should listen to and consider in their own lives!

Below are some other recommended resources from Paul Tripp, if you like what you hear and want to dig deeper.

Marriage - What Did You Expect
Family - Getting to the Heart of Parenting (I have this one, if you'd like to check it out)
Teenagers - Age of Opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment