Monday, June 13, 2011

This Is Your Brain On _________

The effects of technology are all around us. I've been on this earth almost three decades, and I am just astonished at how far technology has moved us. I was a proud owner of the original Nintendo (as a matter of fact I still have it hooked up at home), but the difference between the original Nintendo and the Wii or PS3 is just incredible.

Technology has given us all kinds of things at our fingertips that astonish me. Right now, I can go to my contacts, pull up somoene's name, press one button and have a map to their house from my location...it's amazing stuff.

What we don't always think about is the potential negative effects that technology can have on us. I read a recent article in the New York Times about the effects of technology on our brains. I found it extremely interesting. It may be worth your consideration personally and especially if you're raising kids.

Your Brain on Computers

Crazy stuff...we thought technology was all good...it might not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment