Monday, September 19, 2011

Blessed...

I wanted to share a story with you about a recent blessings I received. One of our church members made it possible for me to attend a national conference. Sometimes conferences/learning opportunities can be expensive (travel, hotel, food, etc.). This particular conference is held locally in Frisco, and so the cost isn't as substantial.

I'll be attending on Thursday and Friday the D6 conference. D6 gets its name from Deuteronomy 6. It's one of my favorite passages about the family/parental responsiblibity to shepherd/nurture/grow the faith of the next generation.

“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

I'm looking forward to this learning opportunity. I hope to bring back some interesting knowledge and other insights for you about some new ways to look at this age-old challenge of growing up little "disciples."

I am a blessed man...blessed to have this opportunity...blessed to be a part of a church full of generous people...blessed to have a mission in life that I love...blessed in so many other ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment