Thursday, September 8, 2011

Things I Love Too Much...

Last Saturday, I posted something on Facebook. I didn't think much about it at the time. I think, originally, my intent was to be a little comical and a little confessional. Here's what I wrote...
"There are some things in life that I love too much...#1 on that list...college football! (cut me some slack...at least I'm admitting that I have a problem)."

It's true. There are...
  • Things that I love too much.
  • Things that my affections are tied to.
  • Things that I care about way more than I should.
  • Things that are far from eternal.
  • Things of which I need to confess.
  • Things that hold too much sway over my emotions.
  • Things that take way too much of the time I've been allotted on the earth.
  • Things that I get more excited over than the worship of God on Sunday mornings.
All that to say, I don't have any plans to never watch a college football game again...I'm just wondering how much I love it. I'm trying to ask myself some of the hard questions that most people are really afraid to ask themselves.

So, here's the question for you today. What are those "things" for you? What are the "things" that you love way too much? An even scarier question...for those of you who are parents, what does that communicate to the little eyes that are constantly watching you from every angle?

It's a scary thought...but wasting your life on "things" that don't matter is an even scarier thought...at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment