Monday, January 9, 2012

Full Circle

I know that in some ways (at least from an eternal perspective) tonight's BCS championship game is extremely trivial. Nevertheless, if you know me, you know that I am a very committed and lifelong fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide. Like most young boys, you pick up the sports love of your father. I'm no different. Growing up, we rooted for the Tide.

Something really cool is happening tonight...we're coming full circle. I remember 19 years ago, watching my first national championship game in my lifetime of our favorite team with my dad. It was Jan. 1, 1993 and we were at my uncle's house. Tonight, Jan. 9, 2012, I'll sit down once again with my father, watch a national championship game, and root on our favorite team.

Only this time, I'll have a son in the room. Now, he won't know what's really going on, but I can't wait to share special times with him as he gets older rooting together for our favorite team. And I can't wait to tell him about the night that we were all together (his Gramps, his dad, and he) doing something we love to do.


So, tonight, my dad and I, along with Nathan will be tuning in to watch our favorite football team. Three generations of Morris men in one house...and regardless of the outcome or which team wins, this guy "in the middle of two different generations" (an older and an younger) will have WON! I am, indeed, a very blessed man!


What special memories do you have with your parents...what special memories are you making with your children? I still remember 19 years ago...your kids will too one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment