Monday, January 23, 2012

Why don't we MOURN more?

"You created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalms 139:13-14

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." - Jeremiah 1:5


You may or may not be aware, but today is the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. In some circles it will be praised, and in others it will be scorned.

Today, if I'm really honest, I'm having a hard time. It's hard not to mourn the 50 million boys and girls, created by God, over the last 39 years who were never given a chance. That number is staggering to me, and I just can't shake it this morning.

[Note: Before you get angry/emotional about one side of the argument or the other, I want to say that I'm not judging here. That's not my job...the JUDGE will judge. All sin gets PAID for...it's either paid for by you or it's get's paid for you by faith through the blood of Jesus Christ on your behalf.]


I'm simply mourning a massive and incomprehensible loss...

...and I'm wondering why we all don't mourn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment