Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Media

Do you have prayers that you repeat on a consistent basis for your kids...

...I guess I should start at the beginning and ask if you are praying for your children on a daily basis?

Either way, so much is communicated in a prayer, and so much is taught about who God is to our children by the way we pray, how often we pray, and the things we focus on when we pray.

I ran across this video the other day and loved it. It's a dad talking about a certain prayer that gets repeated over and over in his house for and from his young son.

Praying for Your Children from Desiring God on Vimeo.


God, make me a man.
Make me a man who's tough,
Tough so I can handle life.
God, make me a man who's tender
Tender so I can love people
God, make me a man.


Are there certain topics that dominate your prayers for your children?

How have you taught your children to pray for the right kinds of things?

Are there things that get repeated over and over again in your prayers as a family?

What are some ways you can "teach" through prayer in the context of your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment